Assistant Programe Officer
Save the Children is a leading international child rights-based organisation, which puts the reality of children’s lives at the heart of everything it does. Together with children, we are helping to build a better world for present and future generations by making a reality of children’s rights.
Assistant Programe Officer
No.of person – 4 (Four)
Location – Kailahun (10 Months)
The Food Security and Livelihoods Assistant Program Officer will be responsible for the day to day implementation of the FEEDS project based in anyone of the targeted Chiefdoms. This role will be the main point of contact with the communities and beneficiaries at the field level and will lead on sensitization, beneficiary identification and verification, cash distribution, day to day monitoring and data collection (PDM and Markets Monitoring) and coordination with village level government structures.
The APO will be responsible for documenting project implementation processes at chiefdom level, provide regular updates to the Program Officer, and prepare daily/weekly/monthly plans. Internally the FEEDS APO will closely coordinate with other Save the Children Sector Programs;
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will be the main point of contact with the communities and beneficiaries at the field level and will lead on sensitization, beneficiary identification and verification, cash distribution, day to day monitoring and data collection and coordination with village level government structures.
- Responsible for FSL day to day activity implementation at chiefdom and village level
- Sensitize and mobilise communities on project objectives and activities
- Work closely with program officers , local government officers, partners and the communities in ensuring smooth implementation of the program
- Ensure both committee and beneficiary selection procedures and criteria are understood and followed by the committees
- Ensure that verifications are done so as to reduce inclusion and exclusion errors
- Ensure any feedback from beneficiaries or target communities are shared timely to Program Officers and that they are responded to appropriately or raised with the Program manager and or Project Director and Filed Office managers if needed.
- Develop and follow day to day, weekly and monthly activity plans in line with the Program DIP
- Provide regular report to the program Officers regarding progress on project activities in their respective operational areas.
- Coordinate with program Officers and field Finance team in the planning of cash distribution dates and locations in accordance with the DIP
- Ensure that beneficiaries are adequately communicated about project activity and plans, including distribution dates, conditions required for verification and their entitlements.
- Understand PDM tools and price monitoring tools and ensure quality in the data collected
- Provide regular progress report to the program Officer as per the program requirement e.g. weekly, monthly, distribution and advoc reports.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures and upholding of the SCI values
- Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation and report on challenges for timely action.
- Monitor cash distribution as well as support with reconciliation processing, as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a diploma in social sciences , community development or relevant fields with minimum of 1 year experience with NGOs especially in FSL including cash programing
- Organisation, management and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing and computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in Humanitarian setting
- Prepared to work under pressure
- Honest and Motivated
- Knowledge of the local context
Experience with humanitarian organizations in the areas of Food security and Livelihoods
Experience working on cash , voucher and food distributions or other food security programming
Able to work with minimum level of supervision
Good English speaking and writing skills.
Possession of a valid riders licence
Information you need to know before you apply:
Applicants should address their applications to the HR/Admin manager, Save the Children, 5H Old Railway Line, Tengbeh Town, Freetown or 2 Beudu Road, Kailahun Town and send a copy of their application addressed to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour, New England, Freetown.
Please indicate on the envelop which location you are applying for as started below.
Applications can be hand-delivered to the addresses above or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications.
Applicants should collect the Job Description & Child Safeguarding Policy from the nearest Save the Children office from Monday to Friday between 0900hrs and 1700hrs
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS20th January, 2017.
Please note: Before applying, please read the Job Profile, ensuring you meet the Essential Criteria
Recruitment and selection procedures and checks reflect our commitment to protect children from abuse. Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunities employer
Physically Challenged and Women are highly encouraged to apply.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***