Field Data collector
Field Data collector
Refer to: email@example.com
Location: Roving position (Bombali, Kambia, Kenema, Moyamba, Port Loko,
Starting date: 2nd May
Salary: Competitive (including accommodation costs and per diem)
Duration: 35 days
Deadline for applications: 26th April
Founded in 1950, Doctors with Africa CUAMM was the first non-governmental organization focused on healthcare to be recognized by the Italian government. It is now the country’s leading organization working to protect and improve the wellbeing and health of vulnerable communities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Working with international and local partner teams, CUAMM provides medical aid and expertise in seven
African countries: Angola, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
POSITION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is seeking motivated candidates to be assigned for the position of FIELD DATA COLLECTOR for and assessment of Out-patient Therapeutic Programme facilities and In-Patient Facilities in seven districts (Bombali, Kambia, Kenema, Moyamba, Port Loko, Pujehun, Tonkolili).
The data collector will be in charge of collecting data at facility level (Hospitals and Peripheral Health Unitts); specifically he/she will be given a checklist with indicators of quality of the staff skills, respect of the official guidelines, facility status, presence of equipment, drugs and therapeutic food.
To collect quality indicators to properly asses the Health Facilities.
The following qualifications, skills and experiences are requested from candidates:
- Basic knowledge on nutrition
- University Degree or Diploma
- Previous experience in conducting data collection and/or research is desirable
- Availability to travel up country during the entire duration of the contract
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Krio mother tongue
- Good knowledge of Mende or Tenme
- Computer literacy
- Desirable, working experience with DHMT
- Availability to work also on Saturday
- Must be reliable
- Able to work directly with community members
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good hand writing and precise
TERMS OF CONTRACT
- Participate in training for data collectors
- Provide feedback on the data collections tools during field testing
- Perform day to day data collection activities according to the standard operating procedures, during the agreed working times
- Accurately record in the pre-defined data collection form all required information as for the standard operating procedures
- Submit all the completed data collection forms on a daily basis to the supervisors
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to personally hand off one cover letter a copy of their Curriculum Vitae to CUAMM Office in Freetown, Wilkinson Road 22 or at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
At submitting their application, the candidates will be required to provide within 5 days at least 2 references of outstanding persons, willing to act as guarantors for them. Appropriate instructions are available for that at Cuamm Office. Applications missing references are invalid.
The deadline to submit the application is 26th April. Later application shall not be valid.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, to be held within 2 weeks after the date.
A copy of your application letter, updated CV, labour card and all other supporting documents should be sent to the NGO Head Office (22, Wilkinson Road, Freetown), Ministry of Labour - New England or to the nearest Ministry of Labour office nationwide.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***