Monitoring and Evaluations Officer
Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA) is looking for a suitable, qualified and interested member of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position.
Monitoring and Evaluations Officer
Number of position: 1
Salary Range: Attractive
Closing Date: 26th May 2017
The main role of the M&E Officer is to act as a Focal Person in the area of M&E as well as maintaining collecting, compiling, analysing and documenting relevant programme data / information on program activities carried out in all operational areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#1: To lead the building up of the M&E such as standard M&E plan , Result Logic/Framework, reporting formats, data collection tools to monitor and evaluate the overall performance and of the condom social marketing and BCC components. Through adequate M&E systems and updated data bases.
- Read and understand program performance indicators and activities
- Adapt appropriate M&E plan and reporting formats
- Categorize indicators and their means of verification.
- Adapt data collection tools and set data base for all condom social marketing and BCC activities.
- Proactively and timely update database and tools
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#2: To provide technical M&E assistance to strengthen all program activities especially the linkages of wholesalers and retailers and prepare appropriate M&E plan, collecting evidence from the activities implemented.
- Identify gaps in the implementation of activities, develop modules and facilitate sessions on program quality standards during trainings.
- Coach Regional marketing officers and sales support staff on M&E framework, documents and how to use database application and management.
- Organize field trips to ensure SLaDA M&E in on schedule.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#3: Draft compliance monitoring tools to track compliance with programmatic conditions and report deviations as soon as it is identified.
- Draft checklist to monitor activities and observe best practices from regional program staff.
- Carry out routine geographical mapping of traditional and non traditional sales outlets in terms of qualifying areas of product access, availability while confirming teams’ adherence with the principles of personal selling among its respective partners.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#4: Contribute to knowledge management, learning and documentation as required in standard M&E practice.
- Draft terms of reference for evaluation consultants, data collectors and in putters.
- Supervises data collection exercises, data entry and analysis
- Create folders and file all relevant documents and materials relating to IEC, trainings participants list segregated by gender.
- Facilitate the completion of questionnaires on SLaDA activities as required by the Social Marketing Operational Manager
- Consolidate activity plans prepared by all regional operational staff and their subsequent verification means.
- Share M&E documents with other partners and colleagues upon approval by supervisor.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY#5: Collect, compile, and analyze the data / information of field activities and consolidate progress reports, in collaboration with the Social Marketing Operations Manager.
- Facilitate the submission of progress reports for BCC/IEC interventions and condoms sales.
- Verify all reports submitted from the field and compare targets with achievements to identify gaps in the reports.
- Input all program report into a consolidated database and analyze.
- Together with the Social Marketing Operations Manager compile monthly reports for the attention of MOHS/MOFED/SLANGO on condom social marketing and Behaviour change communications.
- Take leadership in compiling data for program newsletters for editing by Executive Director/Social Marketing Operations Manager.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience of monitoring & evaluation or research working for an NGO
Knowledge and Technical skills
- Ability to conduct Data Analysis using SPSS or EXCEL, interprets and write reports
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Previous experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Experience of working in the non-government sector
Experience in health program
HIV Experience & knowledge
Level of travel required: (30% Freetown and 70% District Offices)
To apply please email your cover letter with an updated CV through the careers platform or send to:
- Hand delivery of hard copy is strongly encouraged addressed to:
Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA)
13 Bath Street Brookfields, Freetown
Closing date for receipt of application is 4:00 pm Friday 26th May 2017)
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***