Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA) is looking for a suitable, qualified and interested member of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position.
Number of position: 1
Salary Range: Attractive
Closing Date: 26th May 2017
Reporting to the National Director, the Program Manager will have overall management and operational responsibility for SLaDA’s program portfolio. S/he will ensure that SLaDA program are designed, implemented, monitored & Evaluated and learning documented and shared, in accordance with high quality standards. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of operating context, efficient completion of ongoing Social Marketing and BCC activities under the HIV/AIDS Prevention Program. The Incumbent will support the National Director in providing operational and strategic leadership and deputise for the National Director in his/her absence.Working with the National Director the program manager will ensure that SLaDA program are designed, implemented, monitored, and evaluated, in accordance with high quality standards. The Incumbent will work closely with the National AIDS Secretariat, the Private sector commercial distribution networks and companies especially wholesalers, Media houses, Ministry of Health and Sanitation, civil society organizations and network with other relevant government ministries.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility # 1: Staff management and Development
- Implement performance management system and performance review, feedback, coaching, and annual evaluation to ensure effective performance of all direct reports,
- Develop and maintain team spirit among the staff and create space which allows staff to develop and innovate
- Make sure that problems related to personnel under h/er supervision are processed in accordance with SLaDA procedures and Sierra Leone law
Job Responsibility # 2: Program Implementation & quality assurance
- Lead participatory planning and implementation strategy development to provide quality Technical Assistance and Management to the program interventions
- 'Initiate New programmes for the organisation and support the director in proposal development
- Develop with the team a annual detailed implementation of the program
- Develop participatory and appropriate program implementation strategies meeting SLaDA objectives
- Identify external Technical Assistance needs, and develop Term of Reference for hiring as per standard procurement procedure.
- Oversight of program related Technical assistance and ensure quality deliverable as per TOR and contract services provisions
- Ensure implementation, monitoring and evaluation plans/reports, in particular commodities distribution, media impact and KAP surveys are prepared and undertaken in a timely manner
- Ensure the availability of condoms (Male and Female) and other health commodities and communication materials at all times
- Ensure regular screening of the marketing environment to identify opportunities for new product design, positioning in a market segmentation approach to provide for those that can be subsidized and those with a profit margin for complementing cost.
- Ensure that the program remains dynamic, with opportunities for innovation and personal growth by promoting a culture of, and mechanisms for, reflective practice and learning at all levels
Job Responsibility # 3: Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management.
- Ensure effective design, monitoring & evaluation and knowledge management systems is in place,
- Conduct regular meetings with staff (and partners) to track annual objectives and target progress
- Prepare program progress reports and outside technical resources as appropriate
- Visit and organize program interventions visit in the field for visitors if required
- Ensure the effective use of the program monitoring and evaluation system information, including recommendations from the mid-term evaluation.
- Maintain an appropriate filling system of the documentation related to the program
- Establish mechanisms for knowledge sharing and learning between staff and with parties beyond the program, with other relevant organisations at national, regional and international level
- Ensure that lessons learned are documented shared and used for new business development
Job Responsibility # 4: Program Budget management
- Ensure effective planning, execution and monitoring of program budget
- Administer program expenditures budgets and review cash projections-Approve expenditure requests according to authorization limit in full compliance SLaDA policies and procedures
- Prepare and monitor program activities procurement requests according to procurement policies and procedures
- Liaison with the Finance and Admin Manager to ensure adequate support for all field activities
Job Responsibility # 5: Develop and maintain partner relations
- Lead the establishment, strengthening and functioning of a strong, effective and coordinated quality health commodities and services private sector distribution network and communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain positive, constructive relationships with National Aid Secretariat, Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS), Private sector agencies including Wholesalers, NGOs active in health sector, donor and other partners
- Represent SLaDA at the various sector coordination meetings as necessary
- Bachelor of degree preferably in Public Health, Marketing, Development,
- Must have at least 3years’ project management including monitoring and evaluation experience
- The incumbent should have strong partnership and proposal writing skills
- Excellence in program management with the ability to manage field staff and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve project objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
Knowledge and Technical skills
- Strong social marketing, and behaviours change communication experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, result-oriented
- Sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and policies
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, co-ordination, and team work, Ability and willingness to work effectively with the GoSL national and local authorities.
- Strong analytical skills (including policy analysis) and strategic / conceptual thinking – ability to analyze information and to produce analytical / logical coherent reports / paper
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets
- Good knowledge on the National private sector partnership strategy for sales and distribution of health products and services.
Level of travel required: (50% Freetown and 50% District Offices)
To apply please email your cover letter with an updated CV through the careers platform or send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivery of hard copy is strongly encouraged addressed to: HR Consultant
Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA)
13 Bath Street Brookfields, Freetown
Closing date for receipt of application is 4:00 pm Friday 26th May 2017)
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***