Finance Coordinator (Financial Accounting/Treasury & Cash)
Save the Children (SCI) is a leading international non-governmental organization working in over 120 countries to help inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and aims to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We believe every child deserves a future. In Sierra Leone and around the world we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and be protected from harm. We do whatever it takes for children-every day and in times of crisis- transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children started implementing programmes in Sierra Leone in 1999; since then our programmes have evolved to cover child protection, health, education, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water, sanitation and hygiene, and child rights governance (CRG). We work with children and families directly and we engage communities to empower them to participate in making the changes needed for better outcomes for children. Save the Children also supports government through capacity building at local and national levels. Operating in four districts - Pujehun, Kailahun, Western Area Urban and Rural- our programmes have a strong advocacy and child rights governance focus aimed at influencing policies and funding for children’s issues.SCI is seeking competent, reliable and self-motivated individuals for the position of
Finance Coordinator (Financial Accounting/Treasury & Cash)
AnticipatedStart date: 1st September 2017
Contract Type: Fixed term – 1 year
No. of Person required: 1
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Post summary: The aim of this role is to support the Finance Manager/Finance Director within the financial operation function that will enable the team to deliver efficient and compliant financial management support to the entire country program. It aims at providing support for the financial operation.
The Finance Coordinator will provide primary financial oversight for all financial operations and to give support to develop best practice and financial management procedures and processes.
Supervise the Finance Interns.
Summary OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Consolidate monthly cash forecast from the Field offices and other sectors for submission to the Finance Manager for review and approval.
Review cash disbursement documentation and cash logs weekly so that accurate records are maintained and that Save the Children International required documentation is thoroughly and accurately completed.
Carry out monthly cash count and documents these separate from the regular weekly cash counts and share the same with Senior Finance Manager.
Complete monthly cash and bank reconciliations - 694001
Prepare monthly summary report of staff & programme advances
To prepare regular adjustment Glacos journals accurately and seek approval of all rec-lasses for posting such into Aggresso ensuring accurate filling of the re-class documentation.
Post weekly Glacos’ from the field offices after review the individual Glacos entries, and verifying correctness and accuracy of Glacos entries before posting into Aggresso.
Assist Finance Manager with month end production of Monthly Financial Review (MFR)
Reconciliation of 1140, 1173, 1145, 1190
Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant discipline Chartered accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA). Part qualified will be considered
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Accounting and finance experience with preferable within NG environment.
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience managing grants from the major donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management and supervision. Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners, values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength & approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions, willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Information you need to know before you apply
- Reference and security clearance checks will be conducted
- Applicants should address their applications to the HR/Admin Manager, Save the Children, 5H Old Railway Line, Tengbeh Town, Freetown or 8 Beudu Road, Kailahun Town and send a copy of their application addressed to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour & Social Security, New England, Freetown.
- Applicants should send in cover letter, up-to-date CV with names of three referees (none relatives) and copies of credentials
- Please indicate on the envelop position applied for and job location as stated on the advert.
- Applications can be hand-delivered to the addresses above or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications.
- Applicants can collect the comprehensive job Description & Child Safeguarding Policy from the nearest Save the Children office from Monday to Friday between 0900hrs and 1700hrs
- CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS 15th August, 2017
Please read the Job Profile, ensure you meet the Essential Criteria before applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and questions about the post will be answered during the interviews
SCI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. person with DISABILITIES AND Women are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that Save the Children do not charge fees for recruitment.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***