Employment Status:Full Time
Departmental Unit: Finance
Reports to:Finance Manager
No. of Position: 1
Coordinates/Liaisons with: All Employees, and Departments
Primary Responsibilities The Finance Officer shall provide operational financial support to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for the effective and efficient execution of all agreed project/activities/tasks. S/he will be supervised by and report to the Finance Manager. The position is a Performance Based Contract with a six month probation period. Position is subject to quarterly Performance Assessment and contractual re-engagement will be subject to satisfactory performance at the end of the calendar year.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that financial reports are prepared in an accurate manner, and in accordance with the International Accounting Standards, and submitted on time.
- Prepare monthly and end of year financial statements, Perform reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and their respective schedules monthly. All variances must be explained in writing.
- Ensure that the Trial Balance Report reconciles with Monthly Income & Expenditure Report.
- Based on monthly financial and database reports, prepare financial performance indicators for the organisation.
- In the absence of the Finance Manager, Participate in the monthly supervisors’ meetings for a budget review strategic planning.
- Maintain accountable and transparent financial management systems, policies and procedures
- Track donor funding and budgets, file contracts and ensure AWC fulfils the contract in order to keep the funding.
- Institute necessary internal control measures to prevent fraud and errors which are likely to undermine public confidence in AWC.
- Correct application of all accounting procedures and safe-keeping of all payment vouchers, invoices and relevant documents after making payment. Keeping the cash under lock and key according to AWC’s policies
- Ensuring that all payments have been approved by the appropriately authorized staff and are properly coded (donor and account code) prior to payment
- Ensure that all staff complete all required forms supporting the procurement, and personnel policies.
- Prepares weekly and monthly bank reconciliations in the cash books as well as Updates and reconciles all client financial information
- Ensure adhoc examinations of petty cash match to all supporting documents and reports all the time.
- Liaise with heads of department to prepare accurate and realistic annual budget proposals and forecasts.
- Management of project assets, facilities and logistical services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned and needed inherent to the position.
- Ability to establish goals, structures and processes necessary to implement the organisation’s mission and strategic vision.
- Ability to use an analytical approach to resolve issues in the area of responsibility.
- Excellent computer skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Comprehensive financial process knowledge.
- Part-Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), A Bachelor Degree in accounting or MBA/MSc will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a financial and/or accounting capacity.
It is the responsibility of every AWC employee to see that we provide the best services possible to our patients. In order to do that everyone must be proactive and act as a team member in helping each other and our clients.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a one pageLetter of Application/Cover Letter to the Human Resources Manager, Aberdeen Women’s Centre in person or via email not later than Friday25thAugust, 2017.
Aberdeen Women’s Centre, 2G Off Cape Road, Aberdeen Roundabout, Aberdeen Freetown Sierra Leone.
email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Finance Officer at AWC”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***