Health Product/Supply Chain Manager
The National AIDS Secretariat (NAS) of Sierra Leone is a key partner to the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) and is Principal Recipient of the HIV grant in the country. NAS’s management role consists of grants implementation, ensuring financial accountability, and supporting both program and financial performance. In its role as Principal Recipient, NAS ensures quality assured financial management, timely procurement of supplies and service delivery as well as efficient monitoring and evaluation of grant implementation activities. NAS also provides quality assurance and oversight, and guidance to routine management of projects funded by the Global Fund
The National HIV/AIDS Secretariat intends to recruit qualified personnel for the implementation of the HIV/AIDS Project for the next grant period, 2018 – 2020 for the following position:
- Health Product/Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to: The Programme Manager, National AIDS Control programme
Duty Station:Freetown with frequent visits to the provinces
Duration: January 2018 – December 2020
Qualification and experience
- A Bachelors degree in Pharmacy with 7 years’ experience in the management of health products and supply chain. A Masters degree in the relevant field will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working with international donors and the UN agencies
- Familiarity with the National health care delivery system at all levels
The tasks and responsibilities of the Health Product / Supply Chain Manager will include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the lead NACP staff for forecasting and quantification of national HIV/AIDS-related commodities: ARV drugs, medicines for treating opportunistic and sexually transmitted infections, rapid HIV test kits and related medical commodities.
- Use the HIV commodities database for selection, forecasting, stocking, and distribution and use, and train others in the use of these tools.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of pharmaceutical and commodity management systems and sharing data routinely with NACP and NAS management.
- As appropriate, develop and implement additional data-collection tools, training others in their use, develop and disseminate additional routine report formats.
- Ensure that all medicines, diagnostics and medical supplies conform to the quality standards as demanded by bid documents and set guidelines.
- Participate in product selection, evaluation of bids and award recommendation for procurement of pharmaceuticals products, rapid diagnostics test kits and other related medical commodities.
- In collaboration with other members in the supply chain, monitor pharmaco-vigilance of all medicines and medical supplies and make appropriate recommendations for management’s action.
- Ensure that all warehouses for pharmaceutical products have proper storage conditions and maintain standards for the ideal storage of health commodities.
- Ensure proper use and updating of Standard Operating Procedures for Quality Assurance.
- Ensure that HIV commodities are properly stored and utilized according to standard operating procedures and guidelines at the health service delivery point.
- Provide periodic reports on the status and functioning of the HIV/AIDS-related supply chain to the PR through the NACP programme Manager.
- Work in close collaboration with the district logistics and supply chain staff in ensuring an effective LMIS in the HIV programme.
- Work in collaboration with development partners to strengthen commodities management.
- Supervise the activities of the Supply Chain and Data Manager.
- Provide quarterly reports to NACP Management and NAS on the management of HIV commodities to inform strategic decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager.
The Health Product/Supply Chain Manager will interact with the following:
- The Logistics and supply Chain staff of Central, Regional and District medical stores, Health facility staff, the Monitoring and Evaluation Units of NAS, the Global Fund Manager of NAS and other partners in the performance of the Pharmacist duties.
- Sub-Recipients and user facilities /sites to monitor the distribution of HIV/AIDS-related pharmaceuticals and commodities delivered from the central level to sites.
- NAS and MoHS Logistics teams at national, regional and districts levels and staff of implementing partners and other Pharmaceutical Services to ensure that adequate levels of all required commodities are maintained at all levels of the system at all times.
Submission of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees and their telephone numbers.
Completed applications clearly marked for the desired position being advertised should be submitted to:
XL Management Services (SL) Ltd, 6 & 6A Byrne Lane, Off Aberdeen Ferry Road
Emailed to m.kebbie@ xlafricagroup.com or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th December 2017.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***