Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Supervisor: Director of Management and Operations
Term is from December 18, 2017 to May 4, 2018.
Electronic applicants only send to: jdreyfuss@Peacecorps.gov
- Tasks & Deliverables
- Greets visitors, PC Volunteers and Trainees. Ensures that visitors’ policies are observed. Exercises tact and diplomacy in dealing with visitors
- Responsible for telephone switchboard duties. Ensures that the main Peace Corps phone line is answered during business hours and maintains and communicates an up-to-date directory of staff contact information.
- Always keeps the Reception area tidy.
- Maintains in/out board in the reception area
- Receives and distributes mail, cables, packages and other correspondence.
- Assists in the preparation of DHL shipment of financial documents as needed
- Dispatches correspondence using APO mail, pouch mail, SL Post Office and electronic transmission.
- Printsholiday notices and posts in the notice box at main gate.
- Printing, photocopying, scanning, and binding of materials as needed
- Continuous follow up with Post Office on Volunteer packages; Liaise with GSA Transportation for pickup of packages at Post Office; Coordinate with GSA T and drivers on distribution of packages to volunteers.
- Manages the office stationery closet.
- Records all stationery requests and signs in the supplies log sheet.
- Maintains, distributes and keeps inventory of office supplies.
- Request payment for newspaper supplies bi-weekly. (Coordinate with AA Finance)
- Acts as Executive Secretary back-up when needed.
- Assists staff as necessary.
- Provides clerical and logistical support for TDY staff as requested
- Maintains timesheets for Admin staff, checks for completeness, and submits to timekeeper every two weeks.
- Ensures all Peace Corps vacancies are advertised on local newspaper and Embassy bulletin board.
Medical Clerk Duties
- Maintains Medical Inventory Control Log to record the inventory status of all specially designated medical supplies or controlled substances.
- At least monthly receives copies of PC-734 D forms (Record of medical supply dispensed) and PC-734 E forms (Medical Supply Disposal Form)
- Quarterly submits Medical Inventory Control Log to CD for review
- Updates medical inventory workbook.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Occasional Money Handler may be required to courier cash and /or purchase orders to various vendors who furnish supplies and/or services to PST/IST training site, or other locations as directed by the Contracting Officer. The PSC may also be required to courier cash to PC trainees or volunteers. The PSC will not be functioning as a procurement or disbursing official but will only be acting as an intermediary between the Contracting or Disbursing Officer and the recipient. In the case of dealing with vendors, the PSC will not exercise any procurement discretion concerning the supplies or services to be purchased or the cost limits of these purchases; these will be determined by the Contracting Officer.
Safety and Security
Every individual with any involvement in the operations of Peace Corps Sierra Leone, whether U.S. Direct Hire, U.S. Personal Services Contractor, Foreign Service National, Foreign Service Personal Services Contractor or Volunteer / Trainee has duties and responsibilities directly and/or indirectly associated with Safety and Security. These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Awareness and understanding of all directives of Peace Corps regarding Safety and Security.
- Awareness and understanding of emergency procedures at both home and office.
- Awareness and understanding of duties associated with the Peace Corps Sierra Leone Emergency Action Plan.
- Availability, at both home and office, of staff and Volunteer contact phone numbers and/or email addresses in case the stated individual is directed to establish emergency contact and provide emergency information.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Peace Corps evacuation Plan, the PC Emergency Action Plan and how to use fire extinguisher in order to ensure adequate level of safety and support for Peace Corps/Sierra Leone Volunteers.
- Ensure complete confidentiality regarding all information related to Peace Corps staff, Volunteers and Peace Corps/Sierra Leone operations.
- Any Inherently Governmental Functions (IGFs) such as Supervisor or Receiving Officer
Any other duties as assigned by Director of Management & Operations or Country Director.
- University degree
- 5 years of experience as a receptionist
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft Office
- Fluent written and spoken English
Logistics & Level of Effort
Performs duties during a 40 hour work week in the Freetown Office. Events may require occasional work in the evenings and on weekends and holidays.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***