Partnership Finance Officer
GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position:
Partnership Finance Officer
Reporting to: Partnership Finance Manager
Contract Length: Three (3) months
Summary of the Role
The Partnership Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Partners that receive funding from GOAL Sierra Leone adhere to the financial policies & procedures of GOAL and ensure the grant monies are expensed for the intended purpose. The role should also be responsible for providing inputs for the preparation of partner’s contracts and for providing technical support to partners on financial reporting as well as internally to GOAL programme staff where applicable.
- To provide training and support to partners in the implementation of GOAL standard financial reporting.
- To develop a ‘Partnership package’ to guide partners to ensure compliance in their implementation. The ‘Partnership package’ would include templates and guidance on their use and would include procurement, stock and fleet management as well as financial management.
- Support the partners to develop policies: financial manual, procurement manual and Human Resources Manual.
- Carry out the initial financial assessment of potential partners and develop a capacity gap plan.
- Continually assess the capabilities of each partner and identity potential control risk to GOAL.
- To review and finalize the partners’ agreements with the program staff and approval by the CD/ACD Programme.
- Ensure partners maintain systems of financial control consistent with GOAL standard including: proper filing of supporting documents, monthly reconciliations of cash/bank books, payroll preparation and reconciliation, controls over access and distribution of cash/cheques.
- Monitoring expenditure between payments with support visits to each partner. Each support visit should be guided by a TOR which is approved by the Line manager prior to the visit, and a visit report will be shared with line manager and program team.
- Work with the responsible program team to assist partners in budget planning by matching the activity plan to budget planning. This linkage should be maintained throughout the monitoring of the implementation to ensure that the financial reporting matches the narrative reporting, and the physical monitoring of activities.
- Set up a coding system to allow partners to track costs across different budgets
- Complete audits on partners at the end of grant period using a check list
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met by the partners and outstanding reports are followed up by completing the financial reports with them
- Produce a monthly report and updated work plan reporting on the key areas:
- Status of support visit reports
- Status of issues on partnership finance issues log
- Status of cheque release & financial reports being received on time along with supporting documentation.
- Status of any internal audits/financial assessments
- Maintain all partners’ financial vouchers in hard copy and soft copy for duration of the grant
- The support visits to partner should represent two working day per week, allowing a close follow up on the monthly reporting.
- Tracking the progress of each partner in terms of financial reporting capabilities, training impact and future training needs
- Form part of the partnership team internally in GOAL by providing guidance to programme managers in relation to partner budgets and costing.
- Maintain a database of all partner agreements, financial reports, work plan, narrative reports, payments and any communication pertaining to this.
- Three years of experience within the Finance & Sub-award unit preferable with international organization.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in assessment and remote monitoring of partners.
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash transfer programming.
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- English speaking is required.
- Experience of Sage or other Finance System desirable
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviewed.
Please note that this will reflect our selection process
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies.
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30pm on Monday 11th December, 2017. (Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible, this means that applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown.
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, Mariama Street, Kenema. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Administrator, EBOVAC Project Office, SLMB Road Kambia 1.
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 22 Petifu Road Kambia.Email: email@example.com
Applicants should attached a copy of a valid Labour Card to their Applications.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***