GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position:
Location: Kambia (Port Loko, Bombali, Tonkolili, Koinadugu, Kenema, Bo, Moyamba and Bonthe)
Number of person 1 person
Contract duration: 4 Months
Reporting to:Finance manager
Start Date: 1st February, 2018
Overall Purpose of the Role
As part of Goal CPES team to implement the roll-out of a two days training of CHW peer supervisors in 9
Districts asstated above.
- Completion, recording and filing of transportation refund, DSA, facilitator fees with supporting documentation for all transactions in accordance with GOAL SL financial procedures manual.
- Review all paperwork received from Health staff and the training supervisors and ensure full compliance with GOAL procedures, ensuring that all supporting documentation has been received, authorisation is appropriate and that correct coding has been used.
- Ensure that weekly cash counts are done before end of the week with the Area Coordinator/finance manager and signed cash count report filed.
- Ensure that the files are up to date on at end of each month. Ensure all the paper works can be traceable to the files
- Keep a tracker of paperwork review, listing all incomplete or missing paperwork.
- Verification of accuracy and completion of all refund forms and required supporting documentation, including appropriate authorization and budged line codes according to standard GOAL SL financial procedures and controls.
- Completion, maintenance and storage of all accounts files.
- Provide all necessary assistance and document preparation for statutory audit of annual financial statements and all donor and internal audits.
- Completion of other finance related tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/officer, or Financial Controller as requested.
- Plan ahead in coordination with Health team and logistic for smooth movement and timely payments.
- Facilitate the payment for suppliers/contractors who will be based in other districts apart from Kambia and Kenema.
- Ensure that there is no cash flow shortage in the office. The cash balance should not fall below GOAL recommended amount
- Possess a Diploma or Certificate in Accountancy or Business Administration or equivalent in relevant professional work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working as a cashier or higher position
- Have excellent computer skills, particular in Microsoft excel
- Trustworthy, detail oriented and organized
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Should be self-motivated.
- Ready to pass overnight at any districts’ villages/town when it require.
- Commitment to GOAL’s child protection and HIV workplace policies.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Please note: this will reflect our selection process.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance.
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Person with Disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30pm on Friday, 19th January 2018. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible, this means that applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, Mariama Street, Kenema. Email: email@example.com
Project Administrator, EBOVAC Project Office, SLMB Road Kambia 1.
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 22 Petifu Road Kambia.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their Applications.