Roving Procurement Assistant
GOAL Sierra Leone invites applications from qualified and interested members of staff and the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position:
Roving Procurement Assistant
Location: Kambia (Port Loko, Bombali, Tonkolili, Koinadugu, Kenema, Bo, Moyamba and Bonthe)
Number of person: 1 persons
Contract duration:4 Months
Reporting to: Logistics Officer
Start Date: 1st February, 2018
Overall Purpose of the Role
As part of Goal CPES team to implement the roll-out of a two days training of CHW peer supervisors in 9
Districts as stated above.
- Receive PRs and track all PRs together with the Logistics/Procurement Officer.
- Assist the procurement staffs in collection of quotations for requested items
- Together with the procurement Officer, oversee the updating of a price list
- Updating vendor rooster regularly
- Assist in the market survey to further improve the flow of current market price
- Communicate the updated price list to project teams in various operational locations on a weekly basis.
- Maintain good working relationship with all programme management and field staff and communicate with them regularly to ensure that procurement needs of the programme are being met.
- Communicate, follow-up, and support the various Logistics/Procurement staff on purchases conducted on behalf of the field.
- Assist in monitoring supplier’s payments due and ensure that large payments are taken into consideration against the monthly cash projections to finance.
- Ensure that all PRs are processed within realistic time frames necessary taking into consideration the procurement processing procedures and policies outline for each level of transactions.
- Assist with the procurement tracking sheet with the Logistics/Procurement Officer and ensure that status of all procurements is updated on a daily basis to enhance an accurate weekly report at the end of each week.
- Maintain weekly and monthly list of bills and process all bill payments
- Diploma/Certificate in Logistics/Procurement, business Administration or related field of study
- Have a minimum of one year working in Procurement with an International NGO
- Honesty with strong motivation to effectively manage time and resources
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with attention to detail
- General understanding and ability to recognize quality, durability, and value for money
- Process oriented with good analytical/logical thinking
- Strong planner, able to multi-task and prioritize requests based on the need
- Proactive in addressing problems and finding solutions
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Krio
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Please note: this will reflect our selection process.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance.
GOAL Sierra Leone is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Person with Disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications together with an updated CV with names, addresses and contact telephone numbers or e-mail addresses of three referees should be sent to the following people not later than 4:30pm on Friday, 19th January 2018. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible, this means that applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Human Resources Coordinator, GOAL Sierra Leone, 89s Main Road, Congo Town, Freetown. Email: email@example.com
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, Mariama Street, Kenema. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Administrator, EBOVAC Project Office, SLMB Road Kambia 1.
Human Resources Officer, GOAL Sierra Leone, 22 Petifu Road Kambia.Email: email@example.com
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their Applications.