Sierra Leone Social marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA) is looking for suitable qualified and interested members of the public to fill the under mentioned vacant position.
Number of Position: 1
Salary Range: Attractive
Department: Finance and Administration
Closing Date: 13th February, 2018
CARE’s HIVAIDS Prevention Program exclusively for condom sales and distribution (HAPP II) transformed into the Sierra Leone Social Marketing and Development Agency- SLaDA which has beenoperating as a non –governmental organization since October, 2013. Currently, SLaDA is basically focusing on Social Marketing of reproductive health commodities through different Behavior Change Communication Components.SLaDA is funded by KfW-Germany through the National AIDS Secretariat (NAS) and CARE International in Sierra Leone.
The Finance Manager will be solely responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all accounting and administrative functions, fiscal and human resources record keeping. She/he will prepare reports and monitor department’s policies and procedures and recommend improvements. It is a requirement that She/He must ensure accounting activities are in accordance with generally acceptable financial practice legal and regulatory procedures.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Timely preparation and review of all cash books received (including from field offices where applicable)
- Timely posting of books of accounts, journals and cost allocations to ensure smooth preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ensure that funds are requested from CARE in timely manner such that all planned payments can be processed on time but without an excess of cash.
- Review of cash and bank payments to ensure that they are properly authorised and supported with sufficient documentary evidence
- Ensure adequate controls over cash and bank management together with monitoring and updating such controls on a regular basis to minimise the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
- Coordinate with HR/Admin to incorporate all salary and benefits adjustments into payroll
- Review for accuracy staff payments (pay, per diem etc.) and related tax adjustments
- Ensure that partner finance reports (if any) are thoroughly reviewed in coordination with the respective programme staff.
- Managing all aspects of partner’s financial management (if applicable)
Budget preparation and revision
- Ensure that country management prepares the annual and revised Country budget and donor budgets, as accurately as possible
- Comparative analysis of the consolidated budgets with comments for changes in all budgets components as per agreed timeline.
- Maintain an effective and efficient system of internal controls which comply with SLaDA financial guidelines
- Ensure that all financial records and accounts are compiled timely, accurately and in line with international accounting standards, SLaDA policies and procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure internal and external audits are carried out as per SLaDA requirements; support National Director to prepare management response; ensure all agreed remedial actions are undertaken in timely manner
- Ensure that SLaDA is complying with all national tax laws and obligations. This extends to :
- Liaising with and reporting to relevant government authorities, contracted accountants and lawyers; and
- Ensuring that all required tax payments are accurately calculated and prepared, and presented before stipulated internal and legal deadlines.
- Supervise SLaDA bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates, updating signatory within 2 weeks of joining / leaving of a signatory.
- Develop and implement reliable procedures for obtaining information in order to prepare accurate cash projection
- Ensure sufficient funds are all times available to programmes at all times
- Conduct routine and spot cash counts of cash on hand.
- Salary transfers are made before end of each month for staff.
- Staff final settlements are processed and completed within a week of its receipt by Finance
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial reports for donors
- Ensure record keeping of all grants in physical files and electronic folder such that it is retrievable quickly as required
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts for National Director and Management to ensure that they can monitor the budget utilization and take appropriate action on any significant variances
- Reconcile all balance sheet items on a monthly basis, in accordance with SLaDA policies and procedures
- Constantly strive to improve existing financial policies and procedures in consultation with Management to ensure best value of money for the organization.
- Initiate and implement actions necessary to correct weaknesses as reported in external audit report.
Other financial duties
- Develop policies and procedures for financial management and train other staff in these as appropriate
- Assist Management and staff with budgets and other queries and ensure adequate support is provided to the facilitate compliance with donors and SLaDA systems and software
- Implement procedures for statutory deductions, social security and taxes are complied with and to liaise with relevant authorities in this respect.
Level of travel required: (70 % in Freetown and 30% in other field operational area)
To apply please email your letter with an updated CV through the career Platform or send to
- Hand delivery of hard copies is strongly encouraged address to;
The National Director
Sierra Leone social Marketing and Development Agency (SLaDA)
13 Bath Street Brookfield’s, Freetown
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 13th February, 2018
Shortlisting and interviews will be done on a daily basis due to the urgent need of the position.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply