Unit Sales Manager
Unit Sales Manager
In support of the business’ operation in Sierra Leone, the Unit Sales Manager will be assigned to the office in Freetown and will travel to other areas in Sierra Leone as and when needed to support The Company’s operation. The Unit Sales Manager would be responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes necessary to drive the sales and marketing functions of the company in order to maximize market share in key segments of construction, Power Systems, machines & Material handling and also responsible for the employment, deployment and motivation of key sales personnel in order to achieve the company’s financial goals.
The Unit Sales Manager will be responsible to interact with all levels of management within the company, and maintain high level contacts with all major customer groups in our market segments.
Who We Are and What We Do
We are the sole authorized dealer for a specific brand of machines in Sierra Leone. We distribute and support the full range of construction equipment including Wheel Loaders, Dump Articulated Trucks, Backhoe Loaders, Excavators, Motor Graders, Track Type Tractors, BCP Products. Moreover, we distribute Mining, Power Systems and Forklifts, Material-Handling and Warehousing equipment for a wide range of industries and applications.
With decades of experience as suppliers in nine countries spread over three continents, our Group provides its customers with comprehensive solutions backed by technical know-how, experience and in-depth knowledge of their local markets. Our international footprint includes operations in countries and offices in Egypt, Kenya, Russia and Iraq.
- Formulation and implementation of the company’s sales and marketing plans and budgets.
- Negotiation of product sales into high valued international and local projects.
- Obtain orders which meet or exceed the company’s target.
- Price and circulate product price list conscious of group margin objectives,
- Develop and maintain an inventory pipeline that will ensure adequate supply of stock at lowest costs.
- Put adequate resources in place to grow the business in these segments
- Ensure/maintain the dominance of products in the market
- Ensure the training/development of the company sales force.
- Identify, develop and maintain new customers in the key product groups.
- Identify key projects and ensure the Company participates actively in all tenders.
- Develop the rental business to add value and ensure incremental sales.
- Develop the used equipment business ensuring opportunities in this market are harnessed for growth.
- Update and maintain a Sales Control System including the establishment of product group customer base.
- Monitor competitive activities and develop programmes to meet and surpass competitive thrusts.
- Maintain high level contacts with key customer groups in the key product segments.
- Project the image of The Company
- Ensure a creative and cost effective advertising and promotional campaigns consistent with the image of dealership
What we expect of you
You are a self-motivated, enthusiastic, trust worthy, respectful and an extremely intelligent engineer, problem solver and marketer.You take great pride and responsibility for maintaining accurate and detailed knowledge of the company’s product. You have strong English skills. You are prepared to be responsible for daily and month end reports, project reports and building project budgets. You set high standards of performance for yourself; you assume responsibility and accountability for successful completion of assignments or tasks on time. You work great as part of a team, but are also able to work independently. You pay excellent attention to detail and have a positive attitude. You work tenaciously to meet or exceed goals and strive for continuous improvement. You conduct yourself professionally in person and in all communications with staff, supervisors, vendors and partners while working with all levels of clients and colleagues in challenging settings. You understand how bringing precise, comprehensive and organized sales and managerial support to the organization contributes to the overall goal of the business. You must possess financial understanding of business operations and should be prepared to travel extensively throughout the Country by road and air.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABIITIES
- Good math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Applied creativity
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, to plan and prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Ability and desire to figure things out and use sound judgment solving problems
- Ability to coordinate many complex systems and programs at the same time and under short timelines
- Good communication/salesmanship
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the basic sales/ marketing concepts
REQUIRED KNOWLEDE AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess a Graduate in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering with minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant activity. Advanced degrees or qualification may give an added advantage, but it is not a requirement.
Deadline for submission of application is 20 February 2018. All interested applicants should apply and attach detailed curriculum vitae including details of at least 2 referees with copies of their relevant certificates -addressed to:
Unit Sales Manager
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.