Mental Health Deputy Project Manager
Mental Health Deputy Project Manager
Mental Health Project Manager
Persons With Disabilities and Women are Encouraged to Apply.
Handicap International (HI) is an International NGO which has been working closely with the Government of Sierra Leone, international and national partners in the country since 1996 supporting vulnerable groups and people with disability. Program areas include capacity building in rehabilitation; advocacy and rights, mother and child health, economic empowerment, mental health, protection and inclusive education. HI is currently implementing tree different projects for the promotion of inclusive education and HI is launching a Mental Health project.
The Mental health project goal is to develop and implement community based prevention and response strategies, leading to an improvement in the quality of life and wellbeing/positive mental health of people suffering from psychosocial distress and/or living with a mental health disorder. This project will be implemented in the slums around Connaught hospital and specific hubs around Kissy Hospital. The project will work in close collaboration with CAPS (Community Association for Psychosocial Services) and the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS).
The Mental Health Deputy Project Manager will be in charge of the operational planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and completion of activities under his/he responsibility. The Deputy Project Manager will be based in Freetown and work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Responsibility 1: To design, develop and implement the project activities under his/her responsibility within a partnership model, accessing and using best practices to ensure the validity and credibility of the project
Represent Handicap International in the project area with any relevant stakeholders, local and partners, local authorities in order to facilitate the implementation of project’s activities.
Ensure the implementation of the following activities of the project:
- Support the refurbishing of the psychiatric hospital of Kissy to improve the well being of patients.
- Develop therapeutic AGR for support groups.
- Support creation/the strengthening of a national users’ association including training in project management, organisational management and technical training (human rights, MH, etc.).
- Support the national users’ association with the implementation of its activities (advocacy, identifying champions and ambassador, etc.).
Participate in the implementation of two researches carried out.
Facilite the partnership relation with CAPS :
- Manage needs analyses of CAPS, then establish a support plan (advice, technical support, training) in collaboration with the Technical advisor and PM.
- Ensures the operational monitoring of activities implemented by CAPS (weekly supervision, weekly visit, report).
- Support the implementation of monitoring tools and data collection.
Responsibility 2: to support efficient and effective project management & administration to ensure compliance with HI and donor standards
- Promote accountability and ensure compliance with HI policies including Project Management and Evaluation; Child Protection; Gender; Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse; Safety and Security and Anti-Fraud.
- Identify any local security/safety threats and communicate to the Program Manager.
- Identify and report any threats to the project implementation to theProgram Manager.
- Participate in/contribute to formal evaluations/studies/research activities.
- Participate in setting up and update project annual and quarterly action plans, timelines, and monitoring tools according to HI P&M policy.
- Plan and implement the activities according to budget phasing and planning.
- Facilitate a clear and timely collaboration with the HI logistics team to ensure effective implementation of project activities applying the necessary tools; procedures and policies.
- Communicate with the partners about the progress of his/her activities.
- Ensure proper and formalised monitoring of all related project activities under his/her responsibility using tools and methods devised by the M+E and the regional program for support, quality, data collection, and data analysis.
- Prepare and submit monthly internal progress reports as required by HI.
- Participate in the writing of quarterly and annual reports as required by HI or donor.
Prepare & analyse data:
In collaboration with M+E Manager and Program Manager:
- prepare documents for data entry.
- verify, update and correct source documents.
- enter data into designated database and forms.
- check printouts and perform statistical checks for accuracy.
- route data to PM and CAPS.
Responsibility 3: To ensure professionalism and quality of own practice and support Handicap International to achieve its mission and mandate in Sierra Leone
- Respect the working hours, work schedules as well as the internal regulations that have been specified in the employment contract.
- Participate in weekly supervision sessions with the line manager.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching sessions with technical advisors.
- Develop an Individual Action Plan.
As Handicap International is working in a constantly changing humanitarian aid environment, reasonable specific work duties may be requested in situations that may not fit into the above job description, but will help promote the overall program goals and aims of Handicap International.
Education & Knowledge
Proven experience of working as an effective team member
Start Date: April 2018
Probation Period: 3 months
Duration of Contract: 12 months renewable
All interested candidates should send their CVs and cover lettersonly, with attachments bearing your full name;example: Tommy White – CV(for your CV) andTommy White- Cover Letter(for your cover letter)including at least 2 professional references’ contacts(active email address and phone number), with the subject of the position applied for by email onlyto: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 25thMARCH2018at 4:30PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***