Masanga Hospital Rehabilitation Project is looking for an Outreach-Officer.
Sierra Leone has one of the highest maternal and child mortality rates in the world. Many initiatives have been established, however, due to lack of health professionals health care fails to reach the outer areas of Sierra Leone. The Ebola Outbreak clearly showed how health literacy was part of why the outbreak remained uncontrolled.
As a consequence Masanga Hospital will establish an Outreach Office to meet the needs of the rural areas of Sierra Leone. The aim is to promote empowerment and development in the villages in Tonkolili which in the end should lead to better health conditions in the villages.
The Outreach Officer will work closely with a nurse. The main office will be located at the Masanga Hospital ensuring collaboration with the Hospital Staff. The main job will be to establish a well-functioning Outreach Department at Masanga Hospital and to implement Maternal and Child Community Health (MCCHA) projects in the villages of Tonkolili. MCCHA aims at empowering communities to take responsibility of their own health. As an Outreach Officer you will guide and support communities through the MCCHA and motivate them to establish new innovative initiatives to overcome key barriers that they face.
- Establishing of an Outreach unit at the Masanga Hospital
- Develop the final framework for the MCCHA
- Facilitate Workshops in the communities about social determinants of health, causes of maternal and child health and the Sierra Leonean Health System.
- Supervise Communities in developing initiatives to overcome the barriers they face
- Facilitate Workshops for the communities
- Coach and support community leaders
- Conduct teaching sessions
- Monitor and evaluate project activities
- Work closely with the team in Denmark
- Teach Hospital Staff and Nurse Students
The candidates will be valued based on the following competencies
- Minimum 2 years of working experience
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Bsc in, Nursing,
- Diploma in State Registered Nursing (SRN),
- Community Health Officers,
- Midwifery etc.)
- Experience with project development
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with rural health
- Proficiency in English (spoken, written)
- IT and computer skills
- Able to work independently
- Great communicational skills
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with participatory approaches
- Open minded
- Women are strongly advice to apply
- A challenging and exciting job with great responsibility
- Diverse working environment
- Working closely with communities
- Courses and continuous development by local and Danish experts
- Close collaboration with the Danish Outreach Group
Terms and condition
The starting date of the position is May 1st, 2018. The length of the contract will be one year with possibility of extension.
Deadline for the application is the 22nd April 2018. An interview will take place shortly after the deadline for applicants.
Send your application with CV and all relevant diplomas’ to the Human Resource Department
Mr Mohamed Tejan Conteh: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are requested to put Monica Lauridsen Kujabi the Outreach Coordinator, in the Cc: email@example.com
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***