Human Resources & Administration Officer
Human Resources & Administration Officer
To find out more about this job, please download the job description at https://sierraleone.savethechildren.net
Location: Waterloo & Freetown
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Closing date: 24th May 2018
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are seeking competent, reliable and self-motivated individuals to contribute to our Global Priorities by joining us in our Sierra Leone Country Office to ensure the delivery of high quality project activities in the target communities with a focus on building the capacity of Save the Children staff and key institutions with which SC collaborates, including both government and non-government agencies and organizations to ensure project quality and sustainability.
In this role, you will work closely with the Area Manager responsible for all Human Resources and Administrative needs at the Waterloo & Freetown Field Office.
- In order to be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in Human Resource Management and strong knowledge in Sierra Leone Local Labour Laws and the ability to engage effectively with people at all levels from different cultures.
Child Protection level - 3 the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in Sierra Leone or a Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management with more than 3 years working experience
Should have at least 3 years working experience preferably with an I/NGO
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent Computer Skills in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Excellent Secretarial/Organizational Skills including file management.
- Good writing and verbal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of literacy in English and numeracy.
- Experience of undertaking simple research/investigation tasks requiring the use of personal initiative.
- Professional networking ability.
- Experience of organizing and coordinating events.
- Experience of maintaining diaries for other people, coordinating schedules and dealing with complex and sensitive issues when they are absent.
- Experience in human resource management.
- Sound knowledge of Sierra Leone local labor laws.
- Strong report writing & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work late when required meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on his or her own initiative
- Strong team skills.
- Flexible attitude and good social skills
Contract length: 9 months
- SCI Safeguarding Policy Statement; we need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children.
- Candidates should possess Social Security Numbers (NASSIT)
- SCI maintains zero tolerance to dual employment.
- Reference and Security clearance checks will be conducted.
- Candidates must possess a valid driving license for positions related to field activities.
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document including your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
- Applicants should address their applications to the HR/Admin Manager, Save the Children, 55 Sir Samuel Lewis Road, Aberdeen, Freetown or 117 Mano Sewalu Road, Masanta Section, Kailahun Town and send a copy of their application addressed to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour & Social Security, New England, Freetown
- Applications can be hand-delivered to the addresses above or send by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Applicants should collect a copy of our Child Safeguarding & Code of Conduct policies from the nearest Save the Children office from Monday to Thursday between 0900hrs and 1700hrs and from 0900hrs – 1400hrs on Friday
- Please indicate on the envelop position applied for and job location as stated on the advert.
Please read the job profile, ensure you meet the Essential Criteria before applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and questions about the post will be answered during the interviews.
SCI AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSON WITH DISABILITIES AND WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Please note that Save the Children do not charge fees for recruitment, kindly call our toll-free fraud/general Feedback Line 922 (same number for Airtel and Africell) for complains.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***