Position: Personal Assistant to Deputy Chief Medical Director- University of Sierra Leone Teaching Hospitals Connaught Hospital
The University of Sierra Leone Teaching Hospital Complex (USLTHC) – Connaught Hospital provides undergraduate and postgraduate medical and allied health professionals training, undertakes health research towards advancing knowledge and improving health outcomes for people in Sierra Leone, and delivers vital clinical services that meet the highest international clinical and ethical standards of care.
The Deputy Chief Medical Director of USLTHC requires a Personal Assistant (PA) to fulfil the following role and responsibilities:
- Act as Personal Assistant to the Deputy Chief Medical Director (DCMD)
- Act as first point of contact for the DCMD
- Manage the DCMD’s calendar, schedule meetings and appointments
- Provide administrative support for all meetings including minute taking and transcribing, arrange meeting rooms with the necessary items/equipment
- Follow-up on action points from meetings on behalf of the DCMD
- Assist the DCMD in preparing for and managing meetings and events
- Manage and direct other secretarial staff
- Manage general enquiries received by the DCMD, responding or referring as appropriate
- Assist in preparation of internal and external reports and presentations
- Manage email accounts and social media accounts in an efficient manner, liaising with internal and external contact as appropriate
- Manage all files (electronic and hard copies) and other systems in the DCMD’s office
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the DCMD
- This role requires an individual with excellent administration skills.
- Higher Diploma in Administration from a recognized institution
- A proven track record of administration and work as a PA is essential
- Excellent IT skills, with specific knowledge of Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook are essential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage own workloads with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on your own initiatives
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all time
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly form trusted relationships.
This is a 3-month contract position with possible extension. The post holder will be provide with a monthly contract fee between 3-3.5 million Leones (subject to 5.5% withholding tax) depending on experience. A monthly phone credit of Le200,000 will be provided.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and CV (maximum 3 pages) to Martha Thorpe (email: email@example.com). Please include the role title in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Application deadline is Friday 15th June 2018 at 5pm.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***