Sierra Leone Management Information Systems (MIS) Short Term Consultant
USAID GHSC-PSM Sierra Leone Management Information Systems (MIS) Short Term Consultant
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Sierra Leone will be the primary vehicle through which USAID (1) procures and provides health commodities, (2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and (3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.The Sierra Leone office will primarily work under the project’s President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) task order.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Consultant will provide direct support to Directorate of Drugs and Medical Supplies (DDMS) responsible for critical activities such as System Administration, Technical Assistance, User Training and Information Technology (IT) Support.
- Act as a focal person for central group of mSupply SuperUsers
- Work alongside other partners, SuperUsers, and DDMS staff in training District Medical Store and District Hospital Staff teams on the rollout of mSupply
- Assess system and rollout needs and advise DDMS on course of action to ensure successful rollout of mSupply
- Provide remote report support to offline mSupply sites once rolled out
- Support and compliment the work of Storekeeper that all data entered into Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) are accurate following verification with electronic waybills and report any anomalies
- Ensure that electronic LMIS is fully functional at Central Medical Store (CMS) with updated logistics data
- Ensure all electronic LMIS computers and accessories are free from viruses and are well maintained
- Daily electronic reports of CMS supplies submitted to the IT Office
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of technically relevant work experience in management information systems required; Technical degree with 3 years of experience or 5 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain Management, logistics systems, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data visualization considerations preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals inventory management preferred
- Experience in administering training for users on software systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Level of Effort and Location
This is a short-term consultancy position based in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
Applications should be sent to: https://PSMSierraLeone.formstack.com/forms/management_information_systems_consultant
Sierra Leonean nationals are encourage to apply
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***