School Performance Manager
Management Opportunities at Rising Academies
School Performance Manager
The Rising Academy Network (RAN) is a growing organisation that currently operates 10 schools in the Western Area offering nursery through senior secondary. Our mission is to provide the highest quality learning across our network of inspirational schools. Find out more at www.risingacademies.com.
We are seeking an ambitious, motivated and highly organized education professional as a School Performance Manager. This role will oversee our cluster of schools located in Waterloo, Grafton and Calaba communities. This is a permanent contract starting immediately. This individual will report to the Academics Manager and play a major role in ensuring outstanding education is delivered to the students enrolled into our schools.
The application deadline is 5pm Monday, June 18th 2018.
- Applications can be delivered to our office at 56b Main Motor Road, Wilberforce or emailed to email@example.com.
- In your covering letter and/or the subject line of your email, please indicate the role you are applying for.
- Carefully review the application requirements for the role and make sure you include all the information requested. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Applicants must be available to start in the position immediately.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment center. This will include multiple in-person interviews as well as general and job-specific competency tests.
- We regret that due to the expected volume of applications, we will not be contacting unsuccessful candidates.
School Performance Manager – East cluster
School Performance Managers oversee a cluster of schools in a geographic area. As the face of Rising Academies HQ, you will be an ambassador and role model of Rising’s values and ethos in all that you do. Through weekly visits to every school, School Leaders, teachers and students will come to see you as an integral part of the team, always challenging them to do better while supporting them every step of the journey.
School monitoring and oversight
- Building strong relationships with School Leaders through regular school visits
- Ensuring that schools operate to Rising Academies’ expectations regarding school hours, routines, timetable and key non-negotiables
- Checking and monitoring school data to ensure accurate reporting. With the involvement of HQ, analysing school data to identify areas for school improvement
- Implementing Rising Academies’ school inspection and evaluation program
- Ensuring that schools diligently follow Rising Academies’ Child Protection Policy
Improving teaching and learning
- Overseeing a systematic program of lesson observation and teacher target setting
- Delivering training sessions
- Supporting the continuous improvement of curriculum resources
- Ensuring the effective implementation of school interventions
Strong financial, resource and facilities management
- Regularly monitoring school fee collection and advising Academy Managers as needed
- Ensuring accurate and complete financial records
- Monitoring the school's use of resources and supplies
- Ensuring school facilities and all RAN property are treated with care
Effective communications and stakeholder management
- Being the primary channel of continuous communication between HQ and the schools
- Keeping RAN HQ appraised of progress and challenges within each school, including raising issues on behalf of school staff when necessary
- Supporting School Leaders to build and maintain positive relationships with parents, the surrounding community and key stakeholders
- Helping build and maintain positive staff morale
- Building capacity of School Leadership teams to implement school development plans
- Supporting the working relationship between Academy Managers and Master Teachers
- Supporting the staff appraisal and disciplinary process
Improving the network
- Learning from the successes and challenges of each school, and using these to improve the quality of other schools in the network
- Proactively sharing with RAN HQ the lessons learned, to feed in to an ongoing network-level system of school improvement
- Connecting schools within the network to create opportunities for shared learning, healthy student competition and Rising celebrations
Education, experience and skills required:
- The highest levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the education sector
- University level post-graduate and/or undergraduate degree (preferably with teaching qualification)
- Exceptional English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Gmail (email) and use of the internet
- Strong relationship building skills and teamwork
- Willingness to learn, give and receive feedback, and try new approaches
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Passionate about improving the quality of education
We will consider all applicants that meet the skills and education requirements and endeavour to train the successful candidate as required.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive for the role and experience of the candidate
- Bonuses linked to tenure and high performance
- Significant opportunity for increased responsibility and promotion
- Up-to-dateCV/résumé with a minimum of 2 independent references
- Cover letter
- Short essay (one page max) in response to the following question: “For an under-performing school to become great, what are the three most important things it must change?”
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***