Supply Chain Officer
Supply Chain Officer
Location: Freetown, with travel to Kono
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Partners In Health Sierra Leone (PIHSL) is the Sierra Leone arm of Partners In Health, a Boston based international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
- Work with Procurement and Logistics Manager and Procurement and Logistics Assistant to ensure seamless transition of assets from procurement to receipt and distribution
- Oversee customs clearing and forwarding process and relationship management with clearing agents, freight forwarders, and local shipping agents
- Maintain logistics tracker with all relevant information concerning incoming shipments
- Regularly communicate to Procurement and Logistics Manager by providing weekly updates on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepare deliveries to end users including packing, briefing drivers, communicating with internal and external parties concerning reconciliation of order against receipt of goods
- Ensure consistent communication, coordination, and responsiveness to district colleagues and other stakeholders
- Maintain accurate inventory of Freetown garage in an electronic inventory system and on stock cards
- Track all goods incoming and outgoing from Freetown Office in an electronic inventory system
- Keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing waybills
- Communicate about incoming and outgoing shipments with district warehouse managers
- Ensure security and timely transfer of Freetown inventory to sites
- Minimum 3 years’ combined experience in supply chain logistics, preferably in international organizations dedicated to humanitarian programs with demonstrated experience in handling emergencies
- Demonstrated ability in managing competing tasks and priorities; skilled in using Microsoft Office software specifically those linked to financial management such as advanced Excel; and PowerPoint
- Energy and stamina to withstand long working hours and often stressful conditions
- Having fast analytical skills for risk assessment and able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multicultural staff, suppliers, and partners
- Interest in social justice and health care.
- Professional proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in Krio is desired
- Must not hold dual employment
Skills & Qualities:
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Disciplined and ready to take security seriously
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Application with detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) including name, address, email address and telephone numbers of two (2) referees, photocopies of all certificates and attestations should be addressed to The Human Resources Team 27 Sahr Lebbie Street Kono. 25 Saquee Drive, Off Wilkinson Road Freetown, or by email to : email@example.com. not later than 5:00pm Wednesday 25th July, 2018.
PIH is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, religion, tribe or region.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***