MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR AT THE PLACE RESORT AT TOKEH BEACH
Nestled in 15 acres of tropical forest alongside picturesque fishing village of Tokeh lies the premier property “The Place resort” which overlooks the majestic Atlantic Ocean & the unspoiled white sandy beach which is among the most beautiful beaches in the country & West Africa. The Place resort features 50 impeccably appointed chalets with the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean & peninsula mountains.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Tokeh Beach, Sierra Leone
SALARY: Excellent salary package on offer as per experience
JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage maintenance in our facilities and ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc.
Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, cooling etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- Self-motivation, determination and drive are essential
- Professionalism, discipline and resilience are important
- An eye for detail
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Fluent English speaker, other languages will be an advantage
- The post holder will be required to work unsociable hours from time to time and to be ﬂexible
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, generator attendants, builders, painters, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
***Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***