Community Health Worker Technical Coordinator
Community Health Worker Technical Coordinator
Location: Pujehun & Kailahun
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Closing date: 19th October 2018
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are seeking competent, reliable and self-motivated individuals to contribute to our Global Priorities by joining us in our Sierra Leone Country Office to ensure the delivery of high quality project activities in the target communities with a focus on building the capacity of Save the Children staff and key institutions with which SC collaborates, including both government and non-government agencies and organizations to ensure project quality and sustainability.
In this role, you will work closely with the Area Manager contributing towards ensuring that the ICCM/MNH programs continues to run smoothly. The incumbent will continue to provide technical assistance and capacity building of the district CHW hub staff, PHU staff, Peer Supervisors, CHWs and community structures, whilst maintaining close collaboration with the national CHW hub. The CHW Coordinators will represent the DHMT and the Organization in key meetings organized by the national CHW task force and ensures that the CHW programs in Kailahun districts are implemented in line with the newly revised MoHS national CHW policy and strategic documents.
- In order to be successful in this role, you should have previous experience understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities. You should have strong knowledge in medical, Public Health or related field and the ability to engage effectively with people at all levels from different cultures.
Child Protection level - 2 either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Degree in Medical, Public Health background or related field
- At least 2-4 years of professional experience in implementing CHW project with regards to ICCM.MNH.IMAM
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Understanding of social relations and commitment to integrate gender, diversity and other power related issues into programme activities.
- Experience in facilitating trainings to health personnel
- Experience of working with participatory methodologies (involving children).
- Experience of working collaboratively with local government.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to write clear and well-structured reports in English.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to train, motivate a team, and work with others in a collaborative framework.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness to commit to Save the Children's Child Protection Policy.
- Willingness to work in rural districts
- Competence with Microsoft office packages
Contract length: 12 months
- SCI Safeguarding Policy Statement; we need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children.
- Candidates should possess Social Security Numbers (NASSIT)
- SCI maintains zero tolerance to dual employment.
- Reference and Security clearance checks will be conducted.
- Candidates must possess a valid driving license for positions related to field activities.
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document including your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
- Applicants should address their applications to the Senior HR Coordinator, Save the Children, 55 Sir Samuel Lewis Road, Aberdeen, Freetown or 117 Mano Sewalu Road, Masanta Section, Kailahun Town and send a copy of their application addressed to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour & Social Security, New England, Freetown.
- Applications can be hand-delivered to the addresses above or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Applicants should collect a copy of our Child Safeguarding & Code of Conduct policies from the nearest Save the Children office from Monday to Thursday between 0900hrs and 1700hrs and from 0900hrs – 1400hrs on Friday
- All applications should be submitted not later than 1700hrs GMT on the closing date.
- Please indicate on the envelop position applied for and job location as stated on the advert.
Please read the job profile, ensure you meet the Essential Criteria before applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and questions about the post will be answered during the interviews.
SCI AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSON WITH DISABILITIES AND WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Please note that Save the Children do not charge fees for recruitment, kindly call our toll-free fraud/general Feedback Line 922 (same number for Airtel and Africell) for complains.
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***