SOS Children's Villages Sierra Leone was established in 1974 (the village in Freetown being the second oldest in Africa), we work with partners in communities to help families care for their children or to provide an alternative, for instance an SOS family, in which the love of a Care Giver is essential.
Located in Freetown, Bo and Makeni, SOS Children's Villages Sierra Leone has a wide range of programmes (Children's villages, youth facilities, educational facilities, clinics) which supports more than 4,199 children in accessing and exercising their rights.
In addition to quality care, we seek to provide quality education to all the children through our Herman Gmeiner International Schools and Kindergartens through specialized agencies and service providers. Through our SOS CV Hermann Gmeiner International College, SOS Children’s Villages Sierra Leone is looking to recruit qualified candidates for the position of Accountant Clerk.
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Location: National Office
Work closely with the Financial Controller and Senior Accountant to ensure that all financial issues are addressed in conformity with the Minimum Standards and Organizations policies.
The Accounts Clerk is responsible to ensure that all documents in the finance files are well filed completed with the required documentations.
Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
Works closely with the Accountants in the all departments and projects to ensure that Finance policies and procedures are followed and implemented.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
- ACCOUNTING CLERK Responsible for performing a wide range of general clerical and accounting support functions within the organisation
- Processing accounts payables and receivables as needed.
- Maintaining accounting documents and records.
- Providing accounting and clerical support to the FC and Senior Accountant.
- Tasked with carrying out a variety of bookkeeping activities for a portfolio of clients. Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Collating payroll information on a monthly basis.
- Working with vendors, customers, and colleagues to resolve inquiries and issues.
- Reviewing and processing employee expense reports.
- Posting supplier invoices to the accounts system.
- Assisting with processing of sales invoices, debtors statements and cash receipts on the Total accounts package.
This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic task and responsibilities associated with this position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the Direct Superior.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS NEED FOR THIS JOB
- Diploma in Accounting and/or Professional qualifications (AAT, CAT)
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting and grants and contract management processes
- Knowledge of the policies & procedures of major donors in the development and relief sector;
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Excellent leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial software applications
A supportive team working environment
Opportunity to work for a well-respected and recognised NGO
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply submit a letter of interest, with Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of certificates, and three (3) professional references with at least one (1) from a direct supervisor, by email only to email@example.com
Closing date for the submission of applications is 14th November, 2018
Only the successful candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organisation, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***