Report to: Country Logistician
Location: Based in Freetown with frequent visits to District operational sites
Duration: Full time
Starting date: December 2018
Doctors with Africa-CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognised in Italy. Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Sierra Leone since 2011, implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Our mission is to advocate the universal right to health and promote the values of international solidarity, justice and peace. We work to protect and improve the wellbeing and health of vulnerable communities in Africa with a long-term development perspective.
- Guarantee technical assistance and supervision in logistics/technical field to ongoing activities in Sierra Leone.
- Overviewed ordinary and extraordinary maintenance of vehicles, offices, staff accommodations, and overall assets.
- Supervised renovation and ordinary/extraordinary maintenance works in health facilities involved in projects.
- Performs troubleshooting and maintenance in HVAC, electrical, electronics, mechanics (vehicles and generators) and plumbing; assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors.
- Obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Monitor and coordinate the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance and renovation works in all projects locations.
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance personnel.
- Supervise the possible installation of new biomedical equipment and guide the health personnel for their correct use.
- Elaborate technical reports and share them with the project managers.
- Relevant experience in hospital and facilities settings.
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills.
- Good working knowledge of electrics, mechanics, hydraulics and electronics.
- Good working knowledge of the Office software package.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
- Basic knowledge of facility maintenance.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Available to travel to different projects.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor in Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in one or a combination of experience in HVAC, Electrical, Electronics and Plumbing.
Applications for the above positions should send their CV, Studies Certificates, Work Certificates if any, Copy of ID Card, and two references to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, mention the position you are applying for in the subject line: District Clinical Mentors
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 20th, 2018, 5 pm
Please note: Only selected applicants will be contacted
**Please indicate in your application that you saw this advertisement on the Careers.sl Platform***