Title: Finance Officer, Freetown
Reports To: Finance Manager, Freetown
Location: Freetown with 40% travelling to the field offices
General Responsibilities/Job Summary:
The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting the Freetown finance team to produce accurate and timely reporting of Freetown’s monthly expenditure. The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting the Freetown finance team to maintain overall compliance with SLaDA’s grant agreements as well as internal finance and procurement policies.
The Finance Officer will share responsibility for processing all SLL and euro petty cash and cheque requests in the Freetown office with other Finance staff based in Freetown and SLaDA sub offices. The Finance Officer will share responsibility for processing all cheque requests in the Freetown office with other Finance Officers based in Freetown.
As a member of the SLaDA finance team, the Finance Officer will play a role in educating program staff on SLaDA finance policies and ensuring they are strictly adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring strict adherence with SLaDA grant agreements as well as internal finance and procurement policies when processing petty cash requests and writing cheques.
- Review and provide finance sign-off on petty cash expenditure. Specifically ensuring the approval matrix, procurement policies and other finance policies have been adhered to.
- Ensure accurate completion of the safe tracker and weekly cash counts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the USD and SLL bank/WHT template so that it is available for weekly review from the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Responsibility for ensuring WHT is correctly recognized and calculated on all cash transactions over le 500,000.
- Critically analyzing the documentation provided to support cash payments and cheque requests using the prescribed checklist.
- Assisting the finance team by covering other positions when team members are on leave and performing ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Process invoices, recording of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel and word skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- At least 3 years’ experience in not-for-profit making financial reporting, budgeting, accounting, reporting, grants/contract management, administration and business management
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org