International Rescue Committee
Sierra Leone Program
35 Frazer Street
Off Wilkinson Road, Freetown
Tel : +232 (0)76 471 796
Email : SL-Administration@rescue.org
Position: IT Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Duration: Nine Months Initially (Renewable Annually)
Deadline for applications: 2nd March 2020 (Only the applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted).
Background Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services, decrease youth unemployment and mitigate gender based violence. IRC do this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing Health, Education, Youth and Gender Based Violence programming. IRC has a Country Program office in Freetown, a Regional Field Office in Kenema, Field Offices in Kono and Bo, and a satellite office in Kailahun.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, and Anti-Retaliation.”
Reporting to the DDO (Deputy Director of Operations) and to Regional IT Lead, the IT Coordinator will be the lead IT person in the Country, playing a tactical role in the Country Program’s mission and objectives, ensuring IT Service management, Network configurations and Server system administration, end users applications installations, mobile devices configurations, installation and configuration of network printers and other computers peripherals and local domain management. He will be the focal point for all Country and HQ led IT projects in the Country. A key aspect of this role is ensuring all technology implementations in-country conforms to the global IT policies and procedures hence working closely with the Regional IT Lead is vital.
- Work in collaboration with the Regional IT Lead and the DDO to manage information technology and computers systems in all offices where IRC operates in the Country Program.
- Participate in the Country Program’s vision and objectives via strong leadership, by selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Interact with all business units in the Country Program, including the Programs department, the Operations units and field offices to ensure understanding of business needs and ensure that efficient support is delivered.
- Stimulate, Promote and guide programs unit in utilization of Technology in programs activities and measurement (ICT4P) in collaboration with the HQ/IT Applications Department.
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Work with and coordinate the tasks of other field offices IT staff members to ensure timely delivery of IT project activities and resolution of IT issues.
- Conduct relevant training sessions to ensure that staff members possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities specially in using the technologies being implemented in IRC
- Coordinate installation, configuration, maintenance, repair, security and IT documentation of local area networks, servers, desktop/laptop computers, communication resources and other office equipment following IT standards and procedures.
- In consultation with the Regional IT Lead, champion IT projects initiated by IRC HQ/IT. Test and evaluate new technologies that will improve IT support processes in country and region.
- Work with the Regional IT Lead, the IRC Network Operations Center (NOC) and Internet Service provider to ensure that offices are connected to Internet at all times and that all users are connected to the LAN and have access to Internet.
- Work with the Country/Regional IT Lead and the IRC Network Operations Center (NOC) to deploy and maintain Servers and Active Directory and domain services at the Country level, including management of AD computers and users’ accounts, DNS, DHCP, centralized computers updating and patching and GPO management.
- Help ensure successful implementation of IRC IT global initiatives and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy
- Participate in the annual budget planning and ensure allocation for the necessary IT investments to acquire the required infrastructure that corresponds to the business needs. Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advice management and suggest actions.
- Perform other duties as directed by the lead operations coordinator.
Reporting and General:
- Prepare and submit monthly IT reports that provide sufficient detail for DDO, RITD, HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
- Closely collaborate with International and HQ IT team on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global IRC IT projects.
- Liaise with and seek technical support from IT Director in Nairobi.
- Liaise with the Administration and HR Manager to ensure all new IRC employees meet computer literacy requirements.
- Liaise with the Procurement Unit to ensure all new procurement of IRC IT equipments meet IRC standard specification.
- Conduct periodical monitoring and IT support visits to the field offices.
- Make regular recommendations on IT improvement needs of the country for the consideration of the CD and the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Develop and maintain an IT asset management plan including conducting regular IT asset inventory.
Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Provide IT technical support through the development and implementation of a training plan for all staff, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Perform any other IT related duties as assigned by the Deputy Director of Operations or the Regional IT Director.
Key Working Relationships
External: IRC external visitors, local partners and internet service providers and consultants.
Internal: Deputy Director of Operations, Deputy Director of Finance, the Program Coordinators, HR & Supply Chain Coordinators, Field Coordinator and Field Managers.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s university Degree in Computer Engineering and/or equivalent in relevant field
- At least 7 years’ experience in IT Service Management
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Experience in Virtualization technologies using VMware
- Background in networking technologies using Cisco and/or Cyberoam
- Proficiency with client-server environment using Microsoft Server 2008/2012 implementing Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and group policy objects
- Familiarity in server and endpoint updating and patching methodologies
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills
- Experience in providing support in an environment that implements ERP is an advantage
- Solid organizational skills: ability to be flexible & work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-task team environment;
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross cultural contexts.
- Excellent verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in local language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Customer & client centered and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and carefully carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Good proficiency in supporting industry standard IT infrastructure and applications
- Certificates or Licenses: A+, CCNA, ITIL, PMP, MCSE or similar certifications preferred
Skill & Abilities:
- Committed to the mission and principles of the International Rescue Committee;
- Can anticipate change that will be needed in the future, setting up systems and structures to support change whilst championing change within and beyond the scope of their own job area;
- The ability to be an effective negotiator in conflict situations handling the conflict effectively and constantly working towards a win/win situation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Should be willing to travel to all IRC field sites as and when required.
- Technical/electrical knowledge on electrical office equipment desired.
- Willingness to put in extra hours in extraneous circumstances and emergencies.
- Systems oriented individual
- Good team player.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Mode of Application:
All applications must be done using the below link and should include a cover letter, updated CV, names of three referees and their active telephone and email contacts, copies of professional certificates and testimonials.
Please ensure that all attached files are less than 2 megabytes (2MB) for any one message that is sent.
A copy of your application letter, updated CV, labour card and all other supporting documents should be sent to the NGO Desk Officer, Ministry of Labour - New England or to the nearest Ministry of Labour office nationwide.
Please contact any of our offices captioned below for further information and/or detailed requirements or call on 076-471-796.
This is an EXCLUSIVE job advert, reposting it on other job boards, on online or offline communication channels without the written consent of Careers.sl is strictly forbidden and may result in legal action!